R&D Test Systems is looking for a Power Electrical Engineer
Are you dreaming about executing technically challenging megawatt test bench projects? Where you and your new colleagues' results are delivered to internationally renowned companies? Then become a part of our team of over 200 dedicated and competent engineers!
Work with a specialized team executing turn-key projects developed individually for each customer
Your new colleagues work in R&D Test Systems, where the knowledge and experience of developing and delivering turn-key solutions within the wind and aerospace industry is vast. At R&D, we are driven by our passion for developing innovative solutions and close collaboration with both customers and colleagues is highly valued. We will be a great fit, if you are just as passionate about your work as we are about ours.
Do you have a high level interest and understanding of advanced electrical and automation systems?
We are looking for someone who likes to deep dive into electrical and automation systems. You understand the importance about working closely with your colleagues but also get a thrill when developing your own ideas and solutions. We aim for the best and expect the same of you; commitment and ability to work independently on your assignments.
You will be involved in the entire process from development, design, specification, purchase, erection/supervision to commissioning of all kind of electrical systems for our test systems. Your tasks will vary a lot and the test systems include different power and control components. This includes power components as switchgears, transformers, converters, electrical machines, cabling systems, and distribution cabinets, as well as control components, e.g. control cabinets, sensors and actuators, and DAQ and PLC equipment.
We have several locations
R&D is an international company with several locations both in and outside Denmark. You can work from our headquarters in Hinnerup but it is also possible to be located at our office in Aalborg, Odense, or Berlin.
What does it take to work at R&D?
We expect that you:
- Have a degree in Electrical Engineering. Similar educations will also be accepted
- Are able to develop customized electrical concepts for test bench applications
- Are able to specify power electrical components such as switch gear (MV and LV), transformers, inverters, motors, control cabinets, and cables
- Have a sound knowledge of semiconductors, rotating machines, and other electromagnetic components
- Know about electrical grids (low voltage, medium voltage, and high voltage approx. up to 100 kV)
- Have knowledge about safety technologies, e.g. grounding, E-Stop, selectivity
- Have a practical approach to electrics and automation
- Are fully proficient in English (oral and written)
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
And not to forget, we expect that you have an energetic mindset and a keen sense of humor that inspires your colleagues and customers.