R&D is looking for an IT Supporter
Do you enjoy having close contact with your colleagues and responsibility for solving the company's IT support?
R&D is experiencing solid growth and is, therefore, looking for an IT Supporter to strengthen our team.
R&D is a performing and consulting engineering company with focus on the industry. We are determinedly working to help our customers realize their ideas and plans. Our 150 engineers are driven by the process of developing innovative solutions in close collaboration with both our customers and colleagues. The goal is to develop solutions that strengthen the customer’s business.
You will be a part of the IT department in Shared Service with reference to the IT Manager and will be a part of a team consisting of four ambitious employees.
- 1st and 2nd line support
- User creation and support on the Microsoft 365 platform
- Support engineering programs (CAD)
- Support mobile telephony, Skype for business and Teams
- Purchase, installation and support of hardware and software licenses
- Error diagnostics on network, server and clients
- Developing IT user handbooks for your coworkers
Free coffee / tea
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Work life balance
Carve out time for your family, friends, and personal bonsai tree projects.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
The ideal candidate
- has an education as IT supporter or has experience within IT support
- has flair for IT and enjoys developing their own skills
- has knowledge of the Microsoft 365 portfolio, network/server and engineering programs
- is structured with great overview and good mood
- is outgoing and can cooperate with all kinds of people
As IT supporter, you will be the front person for the support of approx. 200 users in DK and abroad at multiple external locations.
We are looking for a colleague, who is responsible and is good at keeping track of different tasks, whether it involves new installations, CAD performance problems or a colleague’s mail problems. You should be able to keep track of procedures, as well as wanting to take part in developing our processes, if you spot something we could do more efficiently.